H.A.P.P.Y. T.H.A.N.K.S.G.I.V.I.N.G.

"Worship and thankfulness dismantle the darkness." - Tiffany Brooks


I'm thankful for everyone in my life, but here are a few I'd like to highlight from 2018:

Carsen - My favorite person on the planet and my greatest gift. I can’t believe I get to be your mama. Thank you for telling me you love me 10 million times a day and cuddling me at night. You have a smile that fills my heart. I love listening to your creative ideas. Thank you for your humor, your passion, and your joy. Thank you for the purity you bring to this world. I love being your mama. I love you big. Until the day after forever. And then some.

Mom & Dad - Your commitment to Carsen and I is unmatched. Thank you for your unconditional love. For loving us not just with words, but with action. Thank you for being gentle with us, and never saying “I told you so.” Thank you for everything you did this past year to help Carsen and I feel safe. Thank you for being there and celebrating at the end. We love you.

Katie & Ben - You two are quality. Without you, my life would look very different. Thank you for standing for truth and valuing Carsen and I. Thank you for your deep loyalty and commitment to justice, kindness, and healthy communication. Thank you for not being afraid to speak truth and writing those letters. Thank you for standing for goodness and faithfulness and for being my friends. I love you two.

Sarah, Emily, Mindy & Steph - You four got me through a difficult season. I was never alone. Sarah, thank you for helping me load up our cars and getting Carsen and I to safety. It made all the difference. Thank you, Emily, for your constant reminders of who I am, who the Lord is, that Carsen is special, and the Lord has a big plan for him. Mindy, thank you for your commitment to staying connected, listening, and supporting me. Steph, thank you for always letting me “stop by” and for speaking Life and love into my heart. You are my people. I love you.

Layne - We did it! Thank you for not giving up on our book. Thank you for carrying us while I walked through a dark season all while trying to publish a book with you. There’s literally no one else I would rather have gone through this messy, exciting adventure with. Thank you for your commitment to excellence, and for your comedy when we were dealt the crazy. I love you heaps. Now let’s write some more.

Dave Nabity - You are so loved in our home, we have a LEGO mini fig named after you. Thank you for giving yourself to my marriage, and for your commitment to restoration. You fought for us. Thank you for loving me like a daughter, and walking the fallout with me. Thank you, also, for seeing me for who I really am and believing there is someone who will love my “sunshine.” Carsen and I love you and Kim dearly.

Erin Jensen & Barb Graeve - Neither of you interviewed me, you just wanted me. Thank you. For seeing my value, and knowing I would give my all. Thank you for trusting me. Carsen and I thank the Lord nearly every night for the provision from Bloom Dance Studio and Barb Graeve Swim School. We do not take either of you for granted. We love you.

Sarah Falk - You are incredibly kind and outrageously generous. Thank you for loving me through this last year. For always speaking life and reminding me that the Lord is for mamas and their kiddos. Thank you for the truth and gentleness you bring. Your friendship matters to me. Thank you also for taking me along your Young Living journey. I’d be lost without you. You are genuine, the real deal. I love you.

Anne & Nathan - Thank you for including Carsen and I in your lives. You open your home, your vacations, your Fun Plex adventures, and your hearts to us. We are so grateful and love your family to pieces. I love that our kids went through the fire of refining friendship and have come out closer because of it. Kind of like us. We love you.

Kimberly West - Basically, thank you for answering my five million questions on motherhood, and single parenting. Thank you for sharing your wisdom, and truly caring for Carsen and I. You are always so gracious when I text you five paragraphs with one question. I love you.

Mrs. Stanley & TCA staff - Thank you for co-teaching Carsen with me. God knew what He was doing. This school, and the staff have been so life-giving to our family. It truly has been the perfect fit for us. We love you.

The friends who come over at night - You know who you are. Thank you for taking time from your family to drink a glass of wine with me, bring food to me, and sit with me. Nights can be lonely, but you have made it easier. It takes a village. I love you all.

Dr. Mike - Basically the best chiropractor out there. Carsen is one of your biggest fans. Not because of your mad chiropractor skills, but because he can tell you truly care about what he says. He knows he matters to you. Also I like being adjusted. We are grateful.

Blog Friends/Facebook Friends/Readers - To the ones who faithfully read my writing, view my photos, and encourage me with comments. Thank you for caring about our journey. Your words do not go unnoticed. For those that have been with me from the beginning, thank you for your continued support as I journeyed from single life, to married life, to motherhood, to divorce. It's been humbling sharing it all, but an honor at the same time. Thank you for loving me through it all. You are loved.

...and to God, the one who has been so very close to Carsen and I, and who has for now blessed me with these.

Comments