Happy Star Wars Christmas

Merry Christmas from our corner of the galaxy to you! So grateful for the gift of Jesus. Y’all this has been a h-a-r-d season, but He truly is close to the broken-hearted. Jesus is our Hope and source of Life ⭐️ His word is food for my soul and it quenches my thirst.

Lamentations 3:21-24, “Yet I still dare to hope when I remember this: The faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. I say to myself, “The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!””

We woke up this Christmas morning and took it slow. Like from the years of my childhood, dad made a fire and turned on the Christmas lights while Carsen and I waited upstairs. Once everything was set, Carsen came down to his BIG gift which was Lego Star Wars Millennium Falcon.

Dad then went to pick up great grandma while mom and I made breakfast and Carsen played. Once breakfast was over, we passed out presents and just like old times went around and opened one present at a time.

Every year we go to a movie on Christmas day. I planned to carry on the tradition with Carsen, even though my parents couldn't go because my grandma wouldn't be able to. But Carsen decided he wanted to build his Millennium Falcon instead. And so it began....

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

Pulling out all 10 bags of Legos and the LARGER-THAN-LIFE instruction book. 
1,329 Lego Pieces

The box was nearly as big as Carsen. 

Carsen LOVES the mini figs! 

Wrapping his mind around how big this ship actually will be. 

Darth Vader and Rey dueled it out while we began the build. 

Bags within bags! It was scary! 

It's starting to get serious up in here. 

Our boss's attention span was a little touch and go there for a while. 

But he came to supervise and help more and more as the hours went by. 

Carsen and his buddy Opa. 

Maybe after bag #2 was done??? 

Taking a breather to regroup and remind ourselves that the process will be worth it. 

Progress. 

Working hard to connect the bricks. 

After we opened each new bag my dad would play the Star Wars theme song.
Carsen is singing along here.

How we all felt about half way through. A little unsure if we would make it. 

Getting a different perspective to keep us going. 

How does this go? 

Carsen had to wait about eight bags in before he got his favorite mini fig, Rey. 

This is Mocha's 11th Christmas. 

 

ONE bag left! 

Sooooo close!
We took a break during the last bag to eat dinner. 
I won't lie, for someone who probably has achiever in her top 10, stopping with about five steps left wasn't easy. But this whole process was a growing experience ;)

Carsen asked if he could have bows on his presents, so I got him the biggest bow for his Millennium Falcon.

 Finished project!

We didn't finish until around 7 p.m. so I'll take more photos when there is better light.
It was such a rewarding feeling for all of us when it was finished. We did a huge show, with (flash)lights and music. Then Carsen gave everyone a tour of the falcon like he was doing his own YouTube video.

Carsen always has such sweet responses when he is given a gift.
He truly does have such a kind and grateful heart.
Love him BIG.

Comments