Letter to Carsen: 10 Months

Happy 10 Months Carsen!

You are two full hands and I cannot believe it!

Just the other day, daddy and I were reminiscing about how fast the time has gone. It’s actually scary how fast it goes. It feels like just the other day you were so tiny as I held you in our comfy chair in the wee hours of the mornng. And now you are this huge 10 month old that is tall and loud and smart laughs with your whole being. Babe, you bring so much joy to your father and I.

One thing that sticks out to me about you is how utterly BRAVE you are. Not just because you go full out in all you do, but you are daily learning new skills, hearing new sounds, meeting new people, entering new environments, etc. YOU ARE SO BRAVE!

And you do it all, trusting that I [your momma] will keep you safe and secure. You trust me to love you unconditionally. You trust me to meet your needs. EVERY DAY. I am so amazed at who you are and how you handle yourself.

Carsen, you are a warrior and so very BRAVE.

This last month was definitely one for the record books. The nine month sleep regression hit us with vengeance. You decided nap time was for the birds and some days only slept for 45 minutes.

- You are more confident in your ability to stand on your own.
- You love looking at photos of yourself and other babies.
- You love eating my hair.
- You nurse in crazy positions and think it’s really funny when you discover a new one.
- We transitioned you from our bed, to your mattress where we strategically placed between the wall and my side of the bed. It took us three nights to fully get you moved over because you and I like to cuddle in the middle of the night. Thankfully we can still cuddle if need be.
- I think you are going through a growth spirt because you are nursing and eating around the clock.
- You LOVE the water and swim like a fish. You love splashing and kicking your feet. You back float with ease and enjoy going all the way under.

You still have no teeth. You have the best gummy smile.

I must admit, I was worried for one whole day that you couldn’t clap yet. I felt like a bunch of your baby friends could, and so I frantically started singing “if you’re happy and you know it clap your hands”. After a few times I realized you enjoyed when I clapped your feet more; so I abandoned the idea of you clapping your hands and figure you will do it when you want to. Who really cares? No one is ever going to ask, “When did you first start clapping your hands” when they meet you.

One thing I'm learning about you is that you do not like to mimic. You like to be your own person. Do your own thing. Discover for yourself. I love this trait about you.

I love waking up with your face in mine. You smile, crawl to me and slam your face into mine. You touch my nose with yours and we stay there and smile at each other. Lately, you’ve been giving me open mouth kisses in the morning. I don’t think you have a clue what you are doing, but you think it is awesome and so do I.

Baby boy, I love to watch you grow and morph into this little man. Thank you for your patience as I grow and learn as your momma. I pray for guidance and the ability to lead you in the ways of the Lord.

You are amazing and it’s my joy to be your momma.

I love you everywhere and back, a million times forever,
momma

Comments