30 Weeks and the Size of a Head of Lettuce

Dear Baby G,

I cannot wait until you are born so I can start using your name in public... don't tell anyone, but did you know I made one slip? A complete accident and a moment when I was talking directly to you and forgot anyone else was around. Your daddy was gracious enough to forgive my what I like to call pregnant moment. Don't worry, your name is safe with the person I slipped with.

On a different note, mommy and daddy moved into your first home in Muizenberg. It is beautiful and perfect for the three of us. It's simple and we are happy. It came completely unfurnished, but we were able to purchase a refrigerator, skillet, hot water pot, two stools, two outside chairs [for the balcony], and a bed. No living room furniture and your clothes may or may not line the living room walls along with our books. It might be this way when you come in May, but don't worry, it will feel like home.

We are so blessed.
Our family's mandate is the Joy of the Lord.
And we are choosing Peace.

We are just a 2-3 minute walk from one home in our community, and a 5-7 minute walk from the other. We all live so close together. We are just a minute walk from the Muizenberg beach. I have a feeling you will be a surfer. But no pressure.

At 30 weeks, you are a mover. You kick and punch and roll around. I love laying on my side and feeling you. At night, daddy falls asleep with his hand on my belly just so he can be close to you. Sometimes I just lay there and stare at your daddy, feeling you move and think, I don't need anything else in the whole world. I am the most blessed woman alive.

We had our first birthing class on Tuesday. It was very interesting and I'm looking forward to the next few weeks to learn more about the process and how to prepare to give birth. If you and I work together, our delivery will be epic. I will do everything in my power to make this delivery easy on you, please do the same for me and just trust the process.

Chin to chest and your back to my belly.
Thank you very much.

Baby G, your daddy and I cannot wait to meet you. I know I say that every time I write, but words cannot convey what is happening in our hearts. The thought of you living and growing inside my belly brings so much joy to our souls. God is so good and gracious and redemptive and loving. He is giving us a son. YOU! It brings tears to our eyes when we thank God for this incredible gift of You.

I'm not going to say hurry up, because I want you to grow and develop to your fullness inside my belly. But know we cannot wait to meet you, hold you, stay up late with you, etc. You will change our lives, and we literally have no idea. But we couldn't be more excited and scared and in awe.

May the Lord bless you and keep you, Baby G.
May He cause His face to shine upon you and be gracious to you.
May you be healthy, whole and full of life.
And may you be a man that stands for Peace from the second you come into this world.

We love you.
Mommy & Daddy

Comments