Civil Ceremony

On Thursday, May 10th, 2012 Kevin and I went down to the San Diego Courthouse and had a civil ceremony.

Why you may ask? Our "officiate" for our real wedding was A. not a US citizen and B. not an ordained pastor [common in the YWAM community]. Joseph is a dear friend who knows both Kevin and I well. He is a teacher and friend and like a pastor to us in many times. It just had to be Joseph and we were willing to do a little more "behind the scenes" work to make it happen.

It was a very weird/funny/memorable time. The waiting was long and then all of a sudden we were walking outside, saying vows, "now kiss your bride".

BOOM, according to the state of California we were married!

It's a memory we will always laugh at and love because it was a part of what made us: "Kevin+Lindsay".

 Shutting the door on the wedding party and family while we filled out the paperwork.
 I wonder if we had one of the largest "guest" list at a civil ceremony... hmmm...
 Kevin's mom, Ronna, and his two brothers Ben and Dave.
 My girls Sarah, Cami, and Anne.
 I like to say my parents are sharing a special moment here.
 Quick hug before we head downstairs.
 The pops and I sharing a moment.
 Kevin is probably asking me if I brought his ring.
 To which I responded, "No, this isn't our real wedding."
So Cam let us use her ring as a stand in for our civil ceremony.
 Even our civil ceremony was pretty. And our officiate was pretty nice.
 I had no idea what I was doing or what was happening.
 We both look a little nervous.
 We were pretty excited to be legal.


The whole crew.
Seriously, I had so much fun the week of my wedding and it was because of these people.

And for those of you wondering...
We consider Friday, May 11th, 2012 our official wedding day ;)

A special shout out to my photographer friend Casey. I've known Casey since July 2000 [I checked my resume]. We were in the same training class for Pentagon Federal Credit Union. Casey knew me when I was a judgmental church girl and yet was still my friend. I like to believe I've matured and Casey still chooses to be my friend. Thank you Casey. Take away the amazing photos, I am so happy you were a part of my special week.

Comments