Love Revelation

Tonight, after dinner, I walked 1.7 miles home alone.

I started the journey talking to God. But soon became distracted by the view and a phone call.

Later I sat on my bed, after a warm bath (thank you stove top) and continued our conversation by writing.

I communicate best through the written word. Probably why I became a journalist. And I realized it had been a long time since I last wrote to the Lord.

My heart was sad.
I missed writing to my dear friend.
But He is so gracious to listen and not hold a grudge.
He welcomed me back with open arms.

He again showed me true Love.
God show me how to Love like you love.
It's so cliche - or is it - using I Corinthians 13 in a wedding ceremony... But, oh God, if we fully understood and lived out this kind of Love, marriages would be transformed.

Lord, show me how to Love Kevin like this.... Please.

Love never gives up.
Love cares more for others than for self.
Love doesn't want what it doesn't have.
Love doesn't strut,
Doesn't have a swelled head,
Doesn't force itself on others,
Isn't always "me first,"
Doesn't fly off the handle
Doesn't keep score of the sins of others
Doesn't revel when others grovel
Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth
Puts up with anything
Trusts God always
Always looks for the best
Never looks back
But keeps going to the end.

Comments