$5 Campaign

Hi!

After reading my October update, many of you know I am leading a team to "Africa". We need to purchase tickets now, and I am still in need of $500.

If each one of you gave $5, I would have more than enough to purchase my ticket and visa and pay for the second half due on November 23.

I understand that I could not do what I do without the financial commitment of my faithful friends and family who want to see the Kingdom extended through this ministry. I am so blessed by the generosity of you all. Thank you for your commitment to seeing young lives changed as they know God and make Him known throughout the world.

To give, please click on the link below. It will take you to my blog page, where you can give directly to me. Depending on the way you process through Paypal, a small deduction might be taken from the amount you are giving to me.

http://lindsayblake.blogspot.com/p/support-lindsay.html

I have also copied the content from my October Update in here for those that may not have received or read it.

Thank you!
Lindsay

Comm Trans
The DTS started and it has been an amazing two weeks of people meeting Jesus for the first time and students radically giving every area of their life to God.

Before the 82 students arrived, we as a staff were praying they would come hungry to know God… well, they didn’t come hungry… they came STARVING, and it is a privilege to be able to walk with them on this journey of discovering freedom, purpose and identity in Christ.

I, personally, have been rocked as I’ve listened to the gospel story again in class. The transforming power of God’s love for me has literally brought me to my knees!

As a class, we are weekly reading through the gospel of John and my heart is light up! “Jesus said to her, ‘I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies;  and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?’”

Apart from Jesus there is NO Life, but with Jesus there IS Life! This deeper revelation is literally bringing me Life!

I’ve started one on ones with girls and it’s such a blessing to be able to listen to each one process through all that God is revealing to them and to see the burning love change their lives.

Outreach Location Revealed
I am happy to announce that in December I will lead a team of 7 students to "Africa"! Along with my amazing co-leader, Esther, we will spend three months being the hands and feet of Jesus.

There is currently another DTS outreach team there, but we are definitely paving a way for many more outreaches to go and minister in this country. We are still trying to make connections with contacts and figuring out the logistics, but our hearts are to subdue this nation with God’s love and perfect peace.

We asked our students to pray about the kind of culture we want to create in our team and it was amazing to listen how students got the same words and insight. It’s a beautiful thing to watch their faith increase as they listen to the Lord and hear from Him!

Our team verse is, Romans 15:5-7, “May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you a spirit of unity among yourselves as you follow Christ Jesus, so that with one heart and mouth you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Accept one another, then just as Christ accepted you, in order to bring praise to God.”

Let Justice Roll Down Seminar
I recently committed to staff the 2012 Let Justice Roll Down Seminar taking place May 18th – June 8th at the University of the Nations YWAM Kona. This seminar is open to YWAMers ($840) and Non-YWAMers ($995) alike.

How do we work with Jesus to undo oppression? How do we live the gospel within a violent context or war-zone? How do we build just communities of faith that really are good news to the poor? How do we challenge the status quo and reconcile communities?

The Let Justice Roll Down Seminar is a response to the ever-growing awareness of young people entering the mission field who are overwhelmed with the realities of Human Trafficking, Poverty, Violence and War.

The Let Justice Roll Down Seminar will connect young radicals with veteran faith-based activists and peacemakers in order to transfuse a vision of practical peacemaking and works of justice modeled after Jesus! Through a three week intensive workshop and seminar series, participants will find themselves rooted within the vast history of faith-based activism and peacemaking, learn a biblical vision of justice, craft a practical tool-belt for engagement, and return home ready to bring holy mischief within their communities, nations or missions field.

For more information check out: http://flavors.me/LJRDseminar

*There are significant financial discounts available for participants applying from developing nations as well as for YWAM Kona Staff.
**Seminar fees cover room and board for all three weeks in Kona, HI.

Speakers include: Shane Claiborne, Ched Myers, Elaine Enns, and more!

Finances
I could not do what I do without the financial commitment of my faithful friends and family who want to see the Kingdom extended through this ministry.

While I am still in need of monthly support, I also need an additional $500 by October 27 as a down payment on my airplane ticket.

To give: You can make one-time donations or become a monthly supporter through the Paypal link below, as well as through The Storehouse Movement. (Please do not designate funds in my name on the Paypal site, but send an email to Kristin [kristin@thestorehousemovement.com] designating your gift for “Lindsay.”)

You can also send checks to: “The Storehouse” at PO Box 540782, Omaha, NE 68154-0782. Please do not write my name on the memo line of your check, simply include a note designating “Lindsay.”

(All donations are tax deductible)

Please Pray…
- For wisdom as Esther and I prepare for the "Africa" outreach. Pray for connections with good contacts there.
- For the team... that as we get to know each other, we would be unified, even before we leave for outreach.
-For the students in the DTS... that they would continue to hunger to know God in a deeper way, and keep discovering His great love for them and others.
- That I would not get bogged down by tasks, but would be refreshed and able to gracefully take on each responsibility.

Comments