I spent Thursday afternoon with my "twin" and her precious family of boys.

- Steph is a breath of fresh air and her home is an oasis - a place to rest my weary body whenever I visit Omaha. I spend at least one night on their pull out couch downstairs under the best blanket quilt ever made. I wake up restored and ready to take on the world once again.
- Although her two boys are teenagers, they are not afraid to hug me in public and play games with me in the living room. They have a sweetness about them that is "oh so" refreshing.
- I smile whenever I see Doug. He has a real "chillness" to him puts me at ease. He allows us girls to be crazy, yet doesn't leave the room. He wants to be a part. And I want him to be a part.

Doug bought two jet skis, telling Steph they would bring wonderful bonding times with the boys. And while Steph may or may not have agreed 100%, she allowed Doug to make the final decision and could not be happier. More often than not, you can find this family racing around town on a Thursday afternoon picking up the boys from two separate schools at 3:15 p.m., throwing on their swimsuits and "racing" to the nearest lake for an hour of jet skiing before heading back for a tea-kwan-do lesson at 5:45 p.m.

I was blessed to be a part of this fast fun-filled adventure.

The twins hanging out "on the beach" while the boys took the jet skis for a spin.

We have lake beaches in Nebraska.

The boys getting read to ride.


E explaining his ride. Can't believe this boy is in high school.

The girls got to ride. We popped wheelies [or 360's].

Next week, we are thinking about pulling C out of school early [as a late birthday time] to do some serious jet skiing. We They haven't made a final decision, but I'm sure it will happen.

Comments

  1. just read this...with tears in my eyes. I love you Lindsay!!!! My family loves you!! You bring so much joy and life!! We soak up every moment we get with you! Can't wait for Hawaii!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment