March 2011 Update

Happy March!!!

I have been so blessed to live on the big island of Hawaii for the last six months while my group put together our book Act Here. Love Now. I know my time in Hawaii is coming to an end, and I’m still praying about my next steps.

While our book is currently with the printer, the group is working hard on our West Coast tour plans. We are writing out and memorizing our speeches along with finding speaking engagements for our tour [April 25-June 26]. This task is difficult, especially in the northwest region of Portland, Seattle and Vancouver. I have two opportunities lined up for our week in Portland but looking for more. If you know anyone in the Portland area willing to house nine girls, please contact me.

An offering was taken Thursday night during our Ohana gathering for the printing of our book. Even though this gathering is made up of mainly DTS students trying to raise their own funds for their outreaches, we raised $3,000. We are so blessed! The total cost for the printing of the book is $11,000. Check out my Web site if you are interested in pre-ordering a book.

If you love coffee, please consider purchasing yours from 35 No. Coffee Co. One pound of organic fair-trade coffee is $12, and all profits go straight to the Act Here. Love Now. printing and distribution tour.

I will be in Omaha for two weeks in April! I am very excited to spend time with my parents and see my “nieces and nephews”. I will be speaking at Emmanuel Fellowship on Sunday, April 10 from 12 – 1:30 p.m. Join me if you would like to hear more about what’s been happening over here and our vision for the next few months.

I am no longer going to Kenya in June. I was asked, in February, to accompany a group building a water filtration system for a community. Unfortunately, the details did not come together and plans fell through. While it is disappointing, I know God is leading and guiding me.

Please continue to pray for:
  1. Unity within our group. It is something we fight for every day. We will be splitting up for about 2-3 weeks before meeting back together in San Diego. Pray our time apart is life giving and that we can finish our last two months together strong.
  2. Speech memorization. Many of us would say our strength is NOT public speaking. But we do believe we have a message to share. Pray the nerves would go as we practice our speeches.
  3. Speaking opportunities. We believe our message is one to be shared with everyone and long to share it with anyone willing to listen.
  4. Funds to come in. We continue to do our part in raising funds for the printing and distribution of our book.  We will be doing another car wash in April and hope to sell some merchandise during our tour.
  5. What is to come. Pray for opportunities where I can live out the gifts and passions God has given me.
May the Lord bless you and keep you.
May He cause His face to shine upon you.
May you find the living God is the details of your everyday life.
And together may we seek the fullness of the Shekinah glory.

You are loved.

Love me.
The girl who has slept in 60+ beds in the last two years.
Yep, that’s me.
Lindsay.

Comments