Artistic Vision

I am sharing this journal entry because 1. Tonight, my small art community talked about story and how art can communicate that which God puts on our heart and 2. I'm looking for an artist to help communicate this vision the Lord continually puts in my head. I believe it's a picture for everyone.

Journal entry from Friday, March 4, 2011:

Psalm 84:1-2, "How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord Almighty! My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord; my heart and flesh cry out for the living God... Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you."

It's moments like this I wish I could draw. Tonight, during worship, the Lord gave me the same picture from a few weeks ago. I can't seem to shake it.

Scene 1: A little girl slowly walks through a narrow hallway. On her right is a tall, thick purple curtain. The little girl runs her right hand along the curtain. She walks slow but with anticipation and expectancy to see what is on the other side of the curtain.

Scene 2: The girl peeks around the tall, thick purple curtain with wide eyes of wonderment.

Scene 3: The frame starts to pan in a circle from her face to what the girl actually sees. But as it circles to what she sees, the frame goes completely white with brightness.

Comments