Thanksgiving

"Perhaps our eyes need to be washed by our tears once in a while,
so that we can see Life with a clearer view again." - Alex Tan


I'm learning happiness does not equal thankfulness.
For this I can still be grateful and continue with my standing tradition.

My mom - The woman who gave me life; my personal assistant; my friend. Thank you, despite your sometimes over the top antics, for caring so deeply for me. You are ALWAYS on my side and ALWAYS my biggest fan. Thank you for loving me regardless, believing in me when I doubt and helping me live out my crazy life. I love you.

My dad - The man who believes I am worth more than the universe. Your gentle reminders speak life, value and love into my heart. I love our sports talks - near and far. Thank you for the tears you cry on my behalf when you talk to God. The love you speak to me is undeniable. I love you.

Sarah - My forever friend. Thank you for the twenty [or so] years of friendship. Our relationship is always transforming and morphing as the seasons of life change, and yet the deep devotion for each other remains. I love watching the story of your life unfold - sharing in laugher and tears - and pray I can be there to see the final chapter written. Thank you for loving me, believing in me and supporting the God within me. I cherish you and would do anything for you. I love you.

Natalia - The one who gets me. Who can sit on my bed, watch me cry and really understand the pain I feel inside. Thank you for traveling with me to the far reaches of this earth only to find our own pride, selfishness and brokenness. It is here we rest and find our need for God. I know the bond we share will hold fast even when we part ways. I love you.

Steph - My generational twin. I am my truest me when with you - in all the good and ugly. Thank you for loving me just the same. I feel as if our friendship has taken a deeper dive in the last few months and it is something pretty special. Thank you for giving me a "key" to your peaceful home - I leave rested nearly every single time. You are precious to me. I love you.

Tobias Family - The artists, creators, community seekers. Thanks for loving me from thousands of miles away. For caring and investing your life into mine. Your children's enthusiasm makes me hope. Carolyn's writing makes me patient. Matt's drumming makes me believe. Thank you for your kingdom perspective and artistic worship desires. I'm happy to go "there" with you. I love you.

Amanda - The most appropriate and inappropriate woman I know. You have this ability - that I admire immensely - to make a nervous crowd feel at ease with your loudness and yet bring such comfort and love to a room of sorrow. Thank you for loving me, loving my friends and loving humanity deeply. It's beautiful and I cherish the times I get to be with you. I love you.

My Friendships around the globe - The Emmy winner, Curly squared, mother of three, mother of 3+1, and the psychologist. The people close to my heart. Thank you for your friendship that spans distance and phone conversations. Thank you for your encouragement, love, realness and occasional skype dates. They never happen enough. I can count on you and trust you. I love you.

The Track girls - What started off as an assigned family has turned into something lasting. Thank you for all the lessons you've taught me - both good and bad. These two years will always stick out in my mind and a big chunk will be you 10. Thank you for putting up with my moods - both ups and downs, for correcting me when need be and encouraging me. You are priceless. I love you.

Supporters - From years back to the most recent. Thank you for your continued love and encouragement through the ups and downs of life. Your prayers, emails and gifts speak more to me than you will ever know. Thank you for believing in me. Always. You are loved.

Blog Friends/Readers - To the ones who read my writing and have taken interest in the journey of my life. Your input and words do not go unnoticed. I look forward to reading and sharing our different seasons. Celebrating and crying together. You are loved.

...and to God, the one I long to be near, who has for now blessed me with these.

Comments