WICKED Weekend Surprise

I surprised my mom with a road trip this weekend to Minneapolis, Minnesota [nicknamed The City of Lakes] to see the Broadway show WICKED. Along the way, I gave clues to guide her.


We arrived Saturday afternoon with enough time to attend a service at Woodland Hills Church in St. Paul, MN. Greg Boyd is the senior pastor and what I call, "my podcast pastor" for the last year and a half. He wrote one of my favorite books, "The Myth of a Christian Nation" and teaches in a way I understand.

We then went to Punch, the "must go to" pizza place in Minneapolis where you get real Neapolitan pizza. It was mouth watering, amazing!

Saturday morning we went to the Minneapolis Sculpture Garden.

Claes Oldenburg and Coosje van Bruggen's The Spoonbridge and Cherry, 1985-1988

This sculpture is iconic and straight out of my college art history text books!

Dan Graham's Two-Way Mirror Punched Steel Hedge Labyrinth, 1994-1996

Made for some fun photos

We then went to the Spyhouse Coffeeshop, a local cafe, to drink some amazing coffee/chai.

If I have my way, I will not allow my children to watch The Wizard of Oz
ONLY Wicked
I won't go into the details for my deep love and passion for this brilliant production/book in case you see it someday
BUT
I love the story behind Wicked.

We had such a great time not only at the show but in Minneapolis.
Thanks Jessica for showing us your beautiful city!
[if I wasn't so terrified of the winters, I'd think about moving north]

I heart Minneapolis!

Comments

  1. you, my dear are more than welcome! i'm glad i was able to play a part (and able to see you!)

    (p.s. those two way mirror pictures turned out so fabulously 'wicked'.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are full of awesome surprises these days! it looks like you had such a fun trip! i can't wait to hang out with you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment