Summer UPdate



“Everyone thinks of changing the world but no one thinks of changing himself.” – Leo Tolstoy

Dear[est] YOU

It’s been 463 days [that’s one year & three months] since I began this crazy adventure. Starting off in the volcanic island of Kona, Hawaii, I’ve circled the world TRACKing to 12 countries and sleeping in 43 different beds. Filled with many HIGHS and LOWS [and everything in between] I’ve learned about, experienced and participated in the self-sacrificial love of the Kingdom of God.


Since I last wrote, I’ve spent time in Germany working in a photography studio, Romania teaching a kid's club and picking lice, Hungary talking “war and peace” and India meeting Bengali people, speaking at a University and hosting a photo exhibit at a local coffee shop. Check out my BLOG to see photos and read stories.

Stepping into the next three months, my desire is to meet new friends, write down their stories and capture life through photography – all the while continuing to learn what it means to practically be the hands and feet of Jesus.

I am splitting off from the larger group and traveling down to Kolkata, India – with my friend Natalia – and volunteering in the Mother Teresa Home for the Destitute and Dying. After a month, we fly to Bangkok and there will decide our next steps. We have a few different options in Thailand and also Indonesia. I will meet up with the larger group once again in Kona at the end of September to begin work on our publication.

Ways to Pray:

1. Fresh sense of hope, His strength and grace. Traveling as often as we do and seeing the many difficult situations some find themselves in can be draining. It is easy for an extremist, like me, to – at times – panic and want to give up because of the hopelessness felt.
2. Good health!!! This side of the world and my stomach are never on friendly terms. Protection against sickness.
3. God’s leading and direction in where Natalia and I should connect for August and September.
4. Finances – still short on monthly support. [Also be praying for Natalia. She needs to get back to Argentina – her home – and apply for a US Visa.]
5. Good relationship with Natalia as we travel together for the next three months. We will have disagreements, but pray we could work through them and come out with a stronger friendship in the end.
6. I'M TIRED!!!!! Pray for rest whenever possible :)
7. Safe Travels

Thank you for your prayers and support. I hope that through my photos and stories you feel a part of this great journey. May the Lord bless you and keep you. May He cause His face to shine upon you. May you experience the self-sacrificial love of the Kingdom of God in a new and very real way. May you play a PART in bringing it.

His Kingdom Come
His will be done
On earth
As it is in heaven

Love me.
Lindsay

Comments

  1. AHHH I can't believe it has been 463 days! I vividly remember you arriving at the Kona campus. I am so proud of you girl. I think this next month is going to be an amazing opportunity. Let your heart be gripped! It will be challenging but so worth it. I think you are going to LOVE Thailand.
    I am so proud of you and can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment