The Reality of Scripture


This boy's smile can only bring L.I.F.E.

Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to hard you, plans to give you hope and a future."

This verse was written to the Israelites in the Southern Kingdom of Judah. Jerusalem was destroyed in chapter 28 and the Israelites were living in Babylon in chapter 29. They were oppressed, struggling and miserable; yet God said He had a plan, hope and future for their lives.


Today we talked about identity, uniqueness and destiny with the kids. We asked them to trace their hand and color what they love and makes them special.

These two sweet girls, Aigan and Ipec, drew princess castles because "they like them". I pulled these two aside and said that Jesus cherished them - they were His princesses. I told them to walk with their heads held high knowing, no matter what their life might be back home, they are royalty.

They smiled, understanding and said "thank you."
I said, "no thank you - for reminding me to like princess castles."

I'm amazed that no matter where you are in the world girls have this deep desire to be special and cherished.

To be a princess.
And we are... The daughters of one amazing King Jesus.

Comments