It's A Beautiful Day

Written on Saturday, October 3, 2009: Day 193 away from Omaha.

Musical interest of the day: William Fitzsimmons

Today was “that day.”

The kind of day you want to breath in and never breath out; that makes you believe in love and forces you to hope.

Where it’s warm in the sun, cool in the shade with a brilliantly blue sky – the beginning of spring.

After napping in the garden I walked along the ocean’s shore surrounded by awe-inspiring mountains wondering how I got so lucky to live in Cape Town, South Africa and enjoying the simple pleasures of a leisurely afternoon.

About a mile into my walk I sat down and buried my feet in the sand. I watched a group of nine teenage boys play soccer; twin girls in pink swimsuits dip their toes into the cold water and a group of four adults stroll along the shore.

While it’s these days I love I can’t help but admit, it’s days like this when I wish I was married. I want to share “this kind of day” with him. The older I get and the longer I wait, the more I realize it’s the “just sharing life” with someone that I long for. Someone to nap in the sun with on a lazy Saturday afternoon or walk to the store and make dinner with. A hand I can grab and a heart I can love.

Someday.

For now I enjoy these simple pleasures alone; and smile for I am blessed far greater than I could ever imagine.

Comments

  1. I can relate. I really wish I couldn't, but I know what you mean. So many of my journeys have led me to breathtaking scenes in these remote corners of the world only to find myself looking around for someone I can share moment with.

    Hang in there. I'm praying that this guy shows up soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment