Dear Daddy

Music Interest at this moment: Ray LaMontagne “You Are the Best Thing” and Michael Buble “Haven’t Met You Yet”

I cannot believe I am about to admit this but… Last night I watched Hannah Montana the movie with some South African friends.


First, let me say it’s a bit overwhelming to be the girl with the “funny” accent and second, the movie, while S.H.O.C.K.I.N.G. made me miss my daddy.


I have such an amazing father. He is loud… funny… athletic… and sensitive.


Being an only child, my dad tells me that he literally has “the best of both worlds” because he gets his little girl and an athlete all in one.


A few things I love about my daddy:

1. I love playing tennis, throwing a baseball across the street and playing any board game with him.

2. He is my most favorite person to watch and go to any sporting event with - Creighton basketball, college baseball and tennis matches (At least until I get married, wink).

3. I love watching him cook with my mom – and it happens often.

4. I love that he is a handy man – He can fix most anything.

5. He is a brilliant wood carver – He is working on creating a nativity set.

6. His testimony is incredible and I love telling his story to my friends even though he really doesn’t appreciate it J, wink wink.

7. When I was growing up he always woke me up in the morning by rubbing my back and saying, “Sweetheart, it’s time to wake up.” – I always felt loved.

8. He cares deeply for me, and cries nearly every time he prays for me.

9. I know without a doubt that he believes in me. He thinks I’m brilliant.

10. He is the biggest influence in my taste in music, which is as random as the weather in Omaha.


Dear daddy,

I love you so much and am so blessed to have you as my father. Know that even though an ocean separates us I think of you every day and miss our talks and seeing your face. Thank you for loving me, believing in me and praying for me. You are an incredible father and I count it an honor to be your daughter. I can’t wait to someday see you at the airport and hug your neck.


Love you.

Love me.


Comments