Soon Set Free


This is Shazia… She was one of my many shadows during my time in Pakistan.

I miss her.

I miss her smiles, her hugs.

Part of my heart was left with this sweet girl.

Every so often I pray that I will meet Shazia again.

My heart aches. For two years it has been trapped here and it is ready to be set free.

Free to love the poor, the hurting and the unloved.

Yes, I have loved “here” but it is time once again to fly.

I wait in anticipation, not for a photo, but to sing, to laugh, to speak hope and love into little hearts that desire attention.

I bring the one who longs for these little ones, who cares for each more than I ever could.

It is this one that will set them completely free.

I go in His power to bring His kingdom.

I wait in expectancy.

Soon, very soon my heart will open up once again.

Comments