June Update


“Speak out for those who cannot speak, for the rights of all the destitute. Speak out, judge righteously, and defend the rights of the poor and needy.” – Proverbs 31: 8-9

I cannot believe it has been three months since I left Omaha. My time in Kona has been precious, filled with moments God spoke direction, rekindled dreams and deepened my desire to see justice among voiceless individuals around the world.

I leave Thursday, June 25 to begin my yearlong journey across the globe with a 30-inch/50 lb. duffle, my camera and computer. But more than anything, I leave with a profound passion to see God’s gospel message, love, hope and justice expressed in tangible ways.

His Kingdom come,
His will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.

We are called to join God in drawing people to Himself and the biggest reason we give our lives in service to the Kingdom of God is that we want others to see, hear, feel and touch Jesus in a more magnified way. Our love needs to be taken to people who feel they are living on the outskirts of life. I want to show God’s love because I’d rather people witness the power of God than to have to explain Him.

“You can’t live out love unless you live in love.” – Laura Fisher

My first stop is Panama where we will work with Indigenous tribes as well as taking part in launching the Spanish version of the 30 days of Prayer for the Voiceless booklet. On Thursday, September 3, I will travel to South Africa and spend the next four months working with the Voice for the Voiceless base. From there I will move to Egypt, Israel, Palestine, Turkey, East and Western Europe, India and Asia.

My hope is to continue sending updates throughout the next year, but please be patient because I do not know when I will find an Internet connection.

Please pray…
1. For God’s grace and mercy as I spend the next year and a half working with women and children who are experiencing horrendous lifestyles, situations and sicknesses (eg. Human Trafficking, Female Genital Mutilation, Rape, HIV/AIDS, Infanticide, etc.) This can be emotionally draining and at times leave you feeling hopeless.
2. My team of twelve would grow in unity as we prepare and spend our time in Panama. Pray that we would step out of our comfort zones to be tangible expressions of God’s love. Pray for divine appointments and that we would leave behind something that will last.
3. My photography would be a tool to inspire, empower and validate individual lives. I had a vision that healing would come while we take photos. That as we press the button God’s power would move through the lens and penetrate hearts. The blind will see, the crippled will walk, and hope will be given.

“I have been a witness, and these pictures are my testimony. The events I have recorded should not be forgotten and must not be repeated.” – James Nachtwey

4. Against sickness. This can be very discouraging and annoying!
5. I am still looking for those who would like to partner with me financially. I will need $4,600 by the beginning of September for the first three months. I’m trying to sell my car but there seems to be a few issues we need to iron out. I am also doing a car wash on Saturday with a friend. Please pray MANY people would come and take part in seeing justice win out around the world.
6. My class is having a photo exhibit in downtown Kona this Saturday. We will be displaying photos we took during our local outreach week. Please pray that many would come and hear our stories and that lives would be changed.
7. The details would fall into place. From insurance, to itineraries, to canceling cell phone plans to packing and medications – please pray there would be no hold ups.

Thank you for your constant support. I feel very loved and blessed to have you all a part of my life. Together we will see God’s gospel message, love, hope and justice consume the earth.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May He cause His face to shine upon you. May His kingdom come and His will be done in your life as it is in heaven. I pray that you would experience God’s deep love for you and that it would be ever consuming – so much so that you must share it with others.

I Corinthians 9:19-23, “Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I become a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I become (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I become like one not have the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I become weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in it’s blessing.”

Comments