I Want To LOVE

Quote of the Day: “Do not underestimate the power of God’s LOVE made manifest in you through Jesus.” – Laura Fisher

Song of the Day: Ray LaMontagne “You are the Best Thing”

God is challenging me daily on what it means to LOVE - to LOVE my neighbor, my community, my family and someday my husband.

“What The World Needs Now Is LOVE” continually pops into my head each time I shower and although I only know a few lines I tend to belt it (My roommates particularly love community living at those moments).

I’ve heard for years that agape LOVE gives but for some reason while I was reading “Sex God” by Rob Bell it struck me like a ton of bricks. Maybe because I am older, I’m not sure but it clicked.

LOVE gives.

It doesn’t get. It doesn’t demand. It doesn’t require.

LOVE gives.

It is not self-seeking. How many times have I read that sentence and not comprehended what exactly that means?

LOVE gives.

I know in past relationships (while there have not been many) I did not give. I never loved, but even in the simplest way possible – I never gave. It was all about me and how they could make me happy.

LOVE gives.

My desperate cry these past few months has been:

His Kingdom come
His will be done
On earth
As it is in heaven

His LOVE gives.

I too must give.

I want to give.

I want to LOVE.

“This is where my LOVE needs to be taken – to people who feel they are the mass of mess living on the outskirts of life.” - God

Comments