I Love You From One Side of Space to the Other and Back

This photo is a self portrait of the three of us during our Saturday morning coffee talk. We discussed school and our “favorites” while drinking Starbucks before swim lessons.

-----
I am a bit sad today.

Not over the top lonely, but none the less I miss those back home. Particularly my kids.

Yesterday, on the phone, I spoke with Alana - my seven (almost eight)-year-old princess.

“I just wish I could see you and hug you right now,” she said on the other end of the phone.

“I know, me too... Do you know how much I love you Alana girl?” I asked.

“From one side of space to the other and back,” she said with a smile.

Today, I went swimming with a three year old. It was fun pretending we were sharks, singing songs and stretching our arms out like imaginary airplanes. He pretended to sleep on the floaty and I sang him “The Goodnight” song.

Silently I sighed, remembering those Tuesday nights tucking Callum into bed as I told him stories about Lego man Frank and his Lego dog. He would never let me leave the room without singing “The Goodnight Song.”

When I left Omaha, my friends surprised me with a journal full of letters they each wrote. Callum wrote out “The Goodnight Song.”

“Just in case no one there could sing it to her,” Callum told his mom.

To my precious beautiful girl and my BIG man - I miss and love you both from one side of space to the other and back.

“Good night Callum and Alana, sleep tight Callum and Alana. Jesus keep your dreams. The God above, is the God of love. So Callum and Alana sleep in peace.”

Comments