Calling the Masses



Last night my best friend, Sarah, was rushed in for an emergency c-section at just 26 weeks. Harper was born at 9:12 last night in critical condition. Tests have shown extensive bleeding in the brain and doctors have said that she needs a miracle. Please pray for Harper and for Dana and Sarah that the Lord would be close to them in this time.

I am flying back to Omaha now [currently posting this from San Francisco].

Sarah and Dana will be making tough decisions in the next few days, weeks, etc. Please pray for peace, wisdom, and sleep for them.

Harper is a fighter. Please pray for healing, life and a miracle.

From Dana before the test results came back: “Harper just had a brain scan to determine if there is activity. Please pray. She is such a miracle, and we lover her so much. Sarah is doing well. She is very sore, and has only seen Harper last night for a few minutes. Pray for peace as her mother’s heart is breaking…”

Thank you. I will keep you all updated. Thanks for caring. Thanks for loving my friends.

Comments

  1. A bit more details: Sarah went into the hospital last night because she could not feel the baby moving. When they hooked her up to the ultrasound, the heartbeat was fine but the baby wasn't moving. Over the next half hour the heartbeat slowly dropped so they did an emergency c-section. They don't know why it happened. Keep praying. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Dana's Facebook: "Our precious little Harper has large amounts of blood on her brain from the trauma of her resuscitation, and there were dangerous acidity levels in the blood. We are asking Jesus that there would be NO permanent brain damage.

    We are blown away by the kindness of our friends. I am overwhelmed by the love you have all shown. Thank you for being with us during this difficult time."

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a GREAT FRIEND, love your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsay, I hope that you have had safe travels back to the states. I hope that you do not mind. In an effort for my friends and family to pray for your friend Sarah and her family, I posted some of the information that you shared here on my blog. Although I don't know them, know that I am lifting Sarah, Dan, and precious baby Harper up in my prayers. Take care.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment