January 2011 Update

Happy New Year!

After a beautiful Christmas and much needed rest, I’ve started my 21st month with photogenX and the Track. While this last year was difficult in many aspects, I have great hope for 2011. As a dear friend recently told me, “Don’t give up, because Jesus didn’t give up.”

This quarter I am taking on more responsibility as part of the Core Team to finish the publication. We met this week to sort out a timeline and workflow. Our goal is to hand the book to the printer on February 23. The printing process takes ten weeks, and our hope is to leave the island by mid-May to start our tour.

The NEW 2011 Track recently started their photography communications course in Brazil, and I will help critique photos from afar. I am very excited about this opportunity because I enjoy GOOD photography and pushing others to photograph with excellence.

There is a bit of talk about my friend, Layne, and I helping co-teach photography in the spring photogenX DTS. While this terrifies me, it also excites me. I am learning to trust my skills, and I want to share my knowledge and love for the arts with others.

- Please continue to pray for unity among the team. We are eight very different women living together 24.7. I desire for this group to not only co-exist, but to be an example of a community that sees our differences, accepts them and challenges each other to be the person God created us to be.

- Please continue to pray for my finances. I will be sending out a letter asking you to join my support team. If you would like to join my support team please email me.

To make an online tax-deductible donation click here. If you prefer non-online giving please send checks to “The Storehouse” at PO Box 540782, Omaha, NE 68154-0782. Please do not write my name on the memo line of your check, simply include a note designating “Lindsay.”

- Please continue to pray for this publication. I deeply desire for it to be an expression of God’s heart. The process is not easy. We have struggled, without help from leadership for the last four months. We now have three skilled people stepping in to help us finish. This is a HUGE answer to prayer and great relief to my soul. They are my Aaron and Hur holding up my arms.

- Please continue to pray I would find the time and space to create, be alone and exercise. This might sound selfish, but I need these three things to function well and it’s difficult living on a base with 400 people.

Thank you for believing in me when I’ve wanted to give up.
Thank you for loving me when it felt like no one else did.
Thank you for encouraging me when I was dry and empty.
Thank you for praying for me when God put it on your heart.
Thank you for supporting me when there were so many others you could support.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May He cause His face to shine upon you and give you a new sense of hope. For those of you that feel lonely, lost and purposeless, I pray you find all you need and more, in Him – He cares for you more than you will ever comprehend. Keep pressing in and on – joy does comes in the morning.

I love you.
Love me.
Lindsay.

Ezekiel 37:1-14

Comments