April Twenty-10


Buongiorno!


I’m ending this quarter in ROMA, one of my favorite cities in the world!


These last three months could be called “the deep valley” – from anxious thoughts, to feelings of worthlessness, to weeks of sickness.


- Egypt was hard.

- Israel/Palestine was cold.

- Turkey was a breath of fresh air.

- Greece was my low point.

- Roma is a sense of gratitude.

- Spring break starts April 1, lasting 10 days, and I will be traveling to Germany to visit my cousin, his wife and their new baby girl!


As I make my way out of the valley, I am able to look down and see all the blessings God has given me along the way, including:

  1. A community of friends that, while imperfect, loves me and desires to see justice win in this world


  2. The truth I have learned throughout my Bible reading

  3. A sense of gratitude that is welling up inside me

  4. Opportunities to talk with Kay and Faz, two twenty-something year old men from England I meet in Athens while sick in bed – [great story]


  5. Books to read such as “Refractions: A Journey of Faith, Art and Culture by Makoto Fujimura [“Art should cause violence to be set aside.” – Leo Tolstoy]

  6. Stuffing my face with Greek food

  7. My weekend trip to Santorini Island

  8. The realization that I am in need of my God DAILY




Ways To Pray:

  1. Matthew 6:25-27 Money – A quick financial update:

    • Currently receiving $470/month out of $1,800/mnth – still needing $1,330

    • Have about $500 for next quarter


    • Need $2,100 by April 12

    • Blessed to have my daily manna [and I say this with a heart of sincerity]

  2. I Peter 4:8 Grace with my community - A contributing factor of my bad attitude and struggle

  3. Philippians 4:6 Anxious thoughts about the future. I want to always remember that the KINGDOM of GOD is AT HAND

  4. Proverbs 31:8-9 Insight into new ways art can empower, inspire and bring justice to those I come in contact with [The language of arts translates the universal longing for peace into the tangible experience of the desire for peace… The arts can model for us how we need to value each person as created in the image of God.]

  5. Nehemiah 8:10b Excellent health and refreshment


Thank you once again for your prayers, emails and gifts. It is so easy to become negative and forget, in the valley, how truly blessed I am. Thank you for believing in me even when I sometimes do not believe in myself. Thank you for making this road less “where the wild things are.”

Go to MY BLOG and MY OTHER BLOG for stories and photos from my journey of seeking justice.


Going forward because it’s impossible to walk backwards and trying with all my might to live the Kingdom NOW.


Yep, that’s me – the crazy one. Lindsay.

Comments