Merhaba from Turkey!
In January, I was an Israelite of old, freed from Egyptian slavery, crossing over into the promise land and receiving the laws from Moses.
In February, I was king of Israel doing good and evil in the eyes of the Lord, and a prophet warning God's people of the coming destruction of Jerusalem.
I finished reading the Old Testament while sitting in the Garden of Gethsemane, floating in the Dead Sea, walking along the Jerusalem wall, and standing in the [assumed] spot where Jesus was born.
Now in Turkey, we are apostles while reading the gospels and touring Ephesus. Soon we will be Paul spreading the "Good News" to the gentiles in Athens and Rome.
Highlights from February:
1. Mud bath in the Dead Sea
2. Reading the OT and Matthew
3. "Testimony Night" with the girls
4. Living in Bethlehem
5. Touring Israel and it's historical sites
6. Spending a relaxing week with Sandy and her family [bubble baths, good conversations, yummy food, Starbucks]
7. Praying in a prayer house on the Mt. of Olives from 8 p.m. to 8 a.m.
Ways I've Kept "The Dream Alive":
1. Asked the question, "What is justice?"
2. Pondered, prayed, processed and researched organizations that deal with art, justice and children.
3. I'm still here
Ways To Pray:
1. Money - A quick financial update:
- Currently receiving $410/mnth out of $1,800/mnth - still needing $1,390
- Received enough funds to pay "Y" for this quarter
- Blessed by friends in Jerusalem and Turkey with sweet gifts
T.H.A.N.K. Y.O.U. to those who have responded financially. God continues to surprise me with the way He provides.
2. Grace for the many hours of travel ahead
3. Direction from God about the future and what that will look like
4. Insight to my role in this community [disciple through prayer, experience and encouragement]
5. Connections where connections need to be made
6. Excellent health
May the Lord bless you and keep you. May He cause His face to shine upon you. May He refresh and sustain you during this season. May you too ask the question, "What is justice?" and may the God who delivered His people from bondage reveal the answer.
Go to MY BLOG and THIS BLOG for more updates and photos!
There are two ways you may financially give [Both are tax-deductible donations]:
1. Send checks to: “The Storehouse” at PO Box 540782, Omaha, NE 68154-0782. Please do not write my name on the memo line of your check, simply include a note designating “Lindsay.”
2. Send money through paypal. Go to: http://www.thestorehousemovement.com/ and select CONTACT US. Click on the DONATE NOW button. Please do not designate funds in my name on the paypal site, but send an email to Kristin [email@example.com] designating your gift for “Lindsay.”
Love. Me. Lindsay.