I Think I'm Losing My Mind... and Getting An Ulcer

Natalia and I traveled one hour, by train, to Izmir [Turkey's third most populous city and the country's second largest port city after Istanbul].

We didn't know where we were going, but it didn't matter because we had all day to find our way around. The weather was perfect, not too hot and not too cold. First on our agenda was finding Starbucks because Natalia had a nasty caffeine headache to take care of. But along the way we found an A-M-A-Z-I-N-G yet very E-X-P-E-N-S-I-V-E Chinese restaurant. After looking over the menu and realizing we could NOT afford it, the waiter offered to feed us for the take-away price [much cheaper]. We agreed, sat down and had some of the most amazing sweet and sour chicken and beef fried rice.

We then found Starbucks and spent the next few hours sipping our drinks [Grande, vanilla, no water, chai tea latte] while discussing Jesus, His life and how we can/should "share" truth. It's in these moments, when I'm talking about the deeper things in life, I reconsider and hope for another three months.

After we solved all the world's problems I busted out my Diana toy camera and we headed to the boardwalk before turning around and slowly making our way back to the train station.

Great Chinese, great coffee, great conversation, great photos, great day, pretty great life.

Na-T drinking her latte while discussing the deeper things in life

Bathroom break boredom

Saw and had to capture this beautiful moment


No joke, one of the most amazing charcoal artists I've EVER seen
This man, is breathing creativity
It was an honor to stand and watch



Hungry?



Seriously, I ran through the street trying to get this photo, although not entirely what I wanted

This man laughed as I ran, grabbed Natalia and told me to take this photo
Not going to lie, pretty creative mister

He wanted another

Birds feeding on bread

This little boy ran and made them all fly
He put a smile on my face


I love this girl

Comments

  1. i am glad you had a beautiful day. it was a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw what a great post! i love you girls so much. looks like such a wonderful time. and the pics with that man are hilarrrious. HA.

    i also love the b&w with the flag!!

    love love love,
    a

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment