January Twenty-10 Update
Greetings from the Middle East!
Today I saw the pyramids and rode a camel named M.O.S.E.S.
He is the best camel ever, and I will debate you on that!
My time in Egypt has been challenging, encouraging, refreshing and emotional.
January was packed with...
- Reading the "Bible," "Simple Spirituality" and "Making Poverty Personal - Taking the Poor as Serious as the Bible Does."
- Answering the question, "What truths does God give us [through the Bible] to combat poverty and how do we NOW apply those principles to make poverty history? [A photo video is in the making]
- Interviewing the founder of an arts program with street children
- Meeting and encouraging the photography branch of that art program
- Visiting the pyramids!!!
- Continuing to learn how to live in community
- Eating falafels and then eating more falafels - Y.U.M. [Maybe too many and need to start a "falafel free diet"? hmmm...]
- Discussing how art can combat poverty and what my role is [Art Center of sorts?]
- Catching up with my leader, Paul, who visited from Kona.
I travel north Sunday and will be moving "non-stop" through the end of February. "On the road again..."
Ways to pray:
- Sore back and neck
- Peaceful, deep and lovely dream filled sleep
- Money [Currently receiving $275/mnth out of $1,800/mnth - still needing $1,525]
- Opportunities to pick the brains of more people in the art/injustice field
- Peace when the future seems unknown, scary and a big black hole
- Insight as to what my extended time in Central Asia will look like [Brainstorming ideas to stay in India a bit longer - talking ideas over with Paul]
- Constant community living = learning to LOVE in word and deed
- Insight/wisdom as I communicate/speak into lives of my friends
Thank you for believing that what I do is impacting lives. My heart always knows the truth but moments filled with lies try to tell me otherwise. The road "feels" lonely at times...
Until I think of YOU and realize, I am not crazy... Well crazy, maybe, but following HIS leading - yes.
Go to MY BLOG for more stories and photos of my journey!
Going because He told me to and not looking back or too far into the future, but taking one day at a time because otherwise I would have a panic attack,
Yep, that's me - Lindsay.